8.42AM 15/11/05

STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHERE AM I

Talked to the lady that was sitting in front of me. She told me that she is from Hawaii, and finally I understood why I could not figure out where they are from. I do have a strong feeling her origin is Korean; it’s not that difficult to distinguish between Korean, Chinese and Japanese after all, not for the European though. (Had lost count on how many times people actually said ‘Koni-Chiwa’ to me). She asked me why do I study in New Zealand, isn’t there any university in Malaysia? I stuttered and could not answer.

I replied with the lame reason of wish to taking this opportunity to see the world. Later I begin to wonder, why do I feel so ashamed when she asked me the question? Then I start to believe that every single Malaysian will be or should be ashamed of the question, since most of us have the feeling/believe that there is no university in Malaysia (can you believe that year2020 is just 15 years away and yet I can’t answer the question proudly?)

my mind is as blank as this



No comments: