10.42pm 14/11/05

My' bed' Foley Tower, Christchurch



Had a dinner in a Chinese restaurant. It's more of like a family business type of restaurant. Owner's kids running around the shop, and the shop its kind of small n aging, and its not exactly that clean. But the interesting about this shop is that everyone in the restaurant speaking in foreign language with their friend(s)! There's a Japanese old couple, a korean couple that looks like in their late 30,a German guy that is eating stir-fry beef with fried rice and another 2 guys that i believe is Russian. Why am i so sure about the nationality?i'm not, its just how i felt.

Looking at the owner working hard in the kitchen, i got the feelingg that its not that easy to migrate to oversea after all, especially when you cant even speak people's language. Their kids certainly will grow up in such less healthy environment. Yeah, growing up in Christchurch might help them to speak fluent English and become a true Kiwi one day, but i'm still worry that they might not turn out to be all right. I wonder who to be blamed when it happened.

Finished dinner, i walked to the cathedral square (sorry for not posting up the photo of the cathedral square, its really beautiful and magnificant, but i kept the photo in the laptop that currently resting peacefully in NZ without my disturbance). I was looking for bread for tommorrow's journey, but soon i was attracted by a music that played softly in the air. it was like a fantasia that attracts kids to walk towards the candy house. i followed the music like how the woof in the Road Runner lured by food smell and fly uncontrollably towards the roasted chicken. i saw a guy standing at the front door of the cathedral playing clarinet. He was wearing a red colour jacket and standing at the back of a black briefcase. He was playing Romeo& Juliet when i was walking towards him. I tried and look for small change, but $2 coin is what i got, so i decided to walk pass him quickly without stopping.

He was taking a break and puff out some smoke from the cigaratte when i walked pass. He said hi to me, and i had to stop. He doesnt have much hair, in fact some of it had turn white, and have a face certainly looks older than his actual age. We had a chat for a while. When i told him that i'm from Malaysia, he played a song that is supposed to be from Malaysia. too bad, i can't tell what song is that at all. Then he played a taiwanese song that i believe is called 'pillow for two'. I was quite impressed by the song, then i saw a CD that has photo of him standing in front of the cadethral. My heart told me that i must buy this down, because i believe it tooks a lot of 'convergence of event' or fate you call it to bring me here. He later told me that usually he 'work' here 4-6 days a week if the weather is not too bad ( was thinking that he definitely can only work once a day if he is in Dunedin). "that's life," he told me with a tone that i believe that i will know it in the near future. I requested for Romeo n Juliet again, but he played another song from the play and told me it was his first time to play the song. I guess he doesnt know that the music he was playing actually its the Romeo and Juliet.

click here if you wish to listen to one of the song he played

Oh well, its okey then, I hold out my hand to say goodbye to him. Then we had goodbye handshake. He told me that i got a warm hand. I know i dont, because it was him who had a really cold hand. I can still feel the chill on my hand after i left him for quite a while. When i left the square, he was actually playing the Romeo and Juliet song that i've requested previously, and the clocktower simultaneously knock the bell ten times. i'm suppose to walk pass him again in order to go back to my room, but i choose not to. I believe we should only meet once.

When i reached my room, realised that my roommates are 2 German girls that will leave New Zealand tommorrow. It is really interesting to have people that speak foreign language around you. The German girl gave me a laundry product because he cant fit anything more into her bag. They have not been to Duendin, but they were tempted by Dunedin's Cadbury Factory when i told them about it.Hoewer, their schedule doenst allow them to do so.



They are still packing now, i dont think its nice for met o sleep now. They had been asking me whether it was okey for them to pack so late a couple a time, and i felt so bad to so its not okey. OH well, maybe i should just keep on writing.Nah.....i've been writing too much. i actually havea sore hand now. Wondering i should have a photo with them. Damn!nothing is 'malaysia' enough for me to give it to them. sigh, i'm a bagpacker....



random street in Christchurch


random light on a random building

No comments: