23/11/05 4.12pm

32,000 feet above, 2 hours since departing Auckland

Concluded my first bag packing experience today after spending 2 nights in Auckland. Experienced quite a few things in Auckland, like have my first ever Wendy's burger, met a long lost secondary school friend along the street ( what are the odds man!), hop on to a garbage car for a free ride to the town after i was lost in suburb for 2 hours, had the best Korean meal ever, being ill-treated by bus driver for the first time in NZ, help by many local Indians throughout the stay and perhaps many more.

overall, its jut another city, perhaps a cleaner one, to certain extent only. The city looks so identical to KL, especially around the main street that heavily occupied by Asian, at least that's what i felt. It may be suffering from identity crisis just like KL, but it does have some sense of romanticism flowing along the higher-end part of the city.
When i was crossing this main crossroad over viewing this giant santa claus, i suddenly felt a lost of identity. I cant remember who am i or why i was here for. Stephanie Sun was humming softly through my mp3 player "i wish i am aninvisible person, and i could hide all my sadness" into my ear. The world seems to have pause 3 seconds for me. I managed to catch a glimpse of all the passerby in the middle of the crossroad. So emotionless, so cold, so far. 3 second gone, the pedestrian light start turning red and buzzing the people to finish crossing. I ran to the opposite side, and tell myself, dont worry, i am heading home now...

No comments: