6.53pm 16/11/05

Asian Kitchen, Corner of Cuba Street

Felt cheated even though it was me myself who made the mistake...I got a bit hungry and as I was hunting for the best bargain in town,I saw this restaurant that pasted their Menu on their glassy door. One of the item on the menu caught my eye - 'Nasi Goreng for $7.95'. sound pretty good for a dinner in Wellington. So i walked in and tried and make an order. But i was offered another set of Menu.


I asked the waitress for the menu that i saw, and i was told that it was the LUNCH Menu! Damn it~ now i have to order the cheapest food on the menu - Green Curry for $14~ !@$#@!$....i swear to myself that i'm gonna tear this restaurant down if the Green curry not worth that money...


i hate to admit it, but turn out that the Green Curry is pretty impressive. The spiciness of the curry was altered to suit the Kiwi taste, but i like it that way. The mildness allowed to taste the sweetness of other ingredient in it and yet it doesnt lose its curry flavour. But if i was given a choice, i will still choose to go Sampan and pay $6 for a bowl a noodle soup with complimentary chicken bone :)

No comments: